Friday, August 31, 2007

Struggles and Peace....

Have you ever had days when you woke up early to be sure that you spent your first few moments with God, just to find that your day was more challenging instead of more peaceful? You found yourself angrier at your children, instead of more loving? You found that you were more resentful of your husband, instead of more respectful and honoring?

I seem to have had this almost every day this week (till today). Why is this? My best guess for me is that my family is under attack (spiritual attack that is). I also think that there are times that I spend my quiet time praying for others (family, friends) and not really praying about my own heart! I think that I have had a great time with the Lord just to find that my day is not centered on Him at all.

I just thought that I would share that we must really pray for our own hearts daily. It's just amazing how our hearts need daily prayer coverage.

I highly advise having a prayer partner as well. I met with mine this morning and what a difference that made for me. She just prayed over me, my family, and most of all, my heart! Knowing that someone loves you enough to pray for you is something that's invaluable as a friend. Know that I love you dearly (prayer partner) and am so thankful for you, your friendship, and your love. You are deep in my soul and my heart!!

My biggest struggle this week has been really submitting to my husband. I know, for those of you that know me, you aren't surprised! ;-) Seriously though. I feel like Bry and I have got in this rut of resenting things about each other and I hate that. The thing is, I really, truly, and deeply love him. I can't imagine my life without him (and I mean that from the bottom of my heart). I know that I have this deep, passionate love for him as I pray almost daily for God to put that in my heart--and He has. But, I still do at times really resent things about him. What God has taught me this week is that I have to let go of some things that I know will enhance our relationship. I have to mention one of them as most of my friends know this has been a struggle for us...but it is our housecleaning. It's something I LOVE LOVE LOVE as I am very particular in wanting the house clean, but can't seem to keep up right now....but it's something that really bothers him. So, in obedience to God and not self, I am going to let it go. No more house cleaners for now anyway. It's very freeing, I must say. It lightens the battle, the resenting, and the frustration and it is replaced with peace, contentness, and love.

I do strive daily to be the Prov 31 woman. I was reading that passage again this morning and was struck by the verse that reads: "...And works with her hands in delight." I have gotten lazy in my work around our house and that's my number ONE priority in life. I am to be a BEST friend to Bry first and not to my friends first.

Tough lessons, but always great character building. I am thankful that God is faithful to me even when I'm not faithful to Him.

2 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Oh girl. Your going to die when you read my post from tonight. It's as if we talked before we posted. Unbelievable. April, I'm going to email you. I SO, SO, SO GET THIS. Thanks for sharing what we all so need to hear and yet think about DAILY---OH! You hit such a nerve. I know I won't be alone in this. Amazing post.

Jeffie said...

love you and know that prayer covers and protects us like nothing else can. thank you for sharing your heart!!!