Saturday, August 18, 2007

Bry's 40th continued


Here are some of the pictures from last night. I wish I had the time to talk about every single person that was there last night. Those that went will never know just how much it meant to Bry that you were there. We have been far blessed by friendships in our lives, we cannot even begin to explain with the right words.

Let me just do a quick recap of the evening... We started off with Spring Creek BBQ. Having BBQ was Bry's request. It seemed to be a big hit. After much time of fellowship, we sang Happy Birthday to Bry and then had a time of sharing about him. I must say this was his least favorite part. He really doesn't like to be put on the spot....but I just knew that there were a few that wanted to share what he has meant to them. We even had a cheer in his honor! What would we do without our cheerleader friend? I really thought someone would sing to him, but I guess they chickened out.

Back to Bry. He really doesn't like being put on the spot...even though you would never guess that by his personality. One of the things that I love most about Bry is that with every person that got up and said something about Bry, he took the opp to tell an endearing story about them and compliment them in some way. Now, I know that part of his talking was that he was so nervous with all of the attention being on him, but I can promise you that he meant every single word! The cake was a big hit as well. I don't even really like chocolate cake and I couldn't put my piece down!

As people were leaving, I broke of pieces of the 5 pound Hershey bar to send home with everyone. If you know Bry well, you know that he LOVES LOVES LOVES chocolate. So, while I was in NY a few weeks ago, I found a 5 pound chocolate bar for him. Let me tell you, it was great fun carrying this on the plane! Anyway, we shared with our friends. But don't worry, I was sure to save him (and our boys) a big chunk of it! That was the first thing Bry asked me when we got in the car at the end of the night...did you save me any chocolate?

I had made Bry and album that had all of his pictures of him growing up. It was fun to watch how many would look through the album and comment on how much Reid looks just like what Bry did as a child...even the expressions on his face. And it's so true. Most of all, they act just alike.

As stated already, we dearly love our friends that we have so graciously been blessed with. Every single of you that came last night mean the world to us. And those of you that weren't able to make it, we thought about you and love you dearly too. We just couldn't be more blessed. Thank you to you all for your love and your support and most of all your prayers.

1 comment:

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam said...

I can't begin to tell you how sad we are to have missed that awesome party!!! We will definitely celebrate at the wiggles :) You look soo pretty! I love that dress! And by the way I will never say anything about you not being a blogger and never will I say that I am better :) Love ya'll