Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Photography

Ok....so most of you know that I have a huge passion for PICTURES! I love taking pictures, I love putting them all over my house and I usually give out tons of pictures to my friends and family of my children. Though with 3 kiddos now, I'm not as good at it! Anyway, I have decided that I spend just a ton of money on pictures throughout the year. And you know, I love taking pictures, I just don't know all the tricks. I don't really know how to edit them effectively on the computer....but that's all about to change!!!!

My girlfriend and I are starting a photography club. We will meet once a month to share ideas, tips, and techniques. I plan to get really good! Actually, I plan to get AWESOME! I have made my first investment of a Canon Rebel SLR and now plan to really learn how to use this camera to it's fullest potential. Hopefully my pictures on my blog will continue to get better and better.

If you are interested in our little club, let me know. We'd love to have you. We'll have a professional photographer come in October to share with us some tips and tricks of the trade. We will be taking classes and sharing what we learn there and we will have assignments and contests to see who takes the best pictures of the month. And I am sure that they will be posted to our blogs.

Just thought I should share, so you would know what to expect in the coming months from me!

I just have too many precious moments in my house with 3 amazing children. I don't want to keep missing them all because I don't know how to capture the moment on film.

Love to you all and happy picture taking.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

April,
I would love to do the photography club with you!!!

Mandy <><

Andrea "The H family" said...

Hi, my name is Andrea, I have a point shoot. LOL! I'm SOO PUMPED FOR THIS GROUP HONEY! AND YES---WE ARE GOING TO BE SO DANG GOOD AT TAKING PICTURES in 1 year that we'll have to clean out our scrapbooking stuff and make way for the photography studio!
(I'm actually not kidding here)
Can't wait!!