Thursday, August 23, 2007

I am who I am....

because of God's grace. I am who I am today only because of the grace that God has shed on my life. I am not where I am or have what I have because of anything that I have done in my life. Trust you me, as Paul says in I Cor. 15, I am not worthy to be of His calling. I am not worthy to be part of His kingdom, yet He has chosen me. I will forever be humbled by this. I truly know that I want my heart to be His.


We are not defined by anything other than where our hearts are with Him. Without Christ's death, burial and resurrection, our faith is worthless. Without believing with our whole hearts that He was raised from the dead, our "religion" is useless. Without believing that God's grace has sustained us, all that we do is but in vain. We have been given a victory in Christ. With this victory, we are called to remain steadfast, immovable, and always abounding in Him.


I pray that my fellow bloggers (and blog stalkers) will give your heart wholly to Christ. We so often want a Savior, but we really don't want a Lord in our life. There is a difference my friends. We want a Savior to save us from hell, but we are too selfish and pleasure too much in our sins and in our idols to really, truly want a Lord in our life. Though it may seem to difficult to follow Christ and allow Him to be Lord in our life, the rewards are much greater than living without Him as Lord. I have lived my life both ways...I know which one is most freeing and sheds the most content. I pray that a passion runs deep in your heart for Him today and everyday.

BTW....I had to type this post almost 3 full times before I could get it to post. Everytime I would hit the "Publish Post" button, my blog would shut down and tell me there was an error. Kind of strange considering I didn't have any trouble posting my other 2-3 posts from today.