Thursday, August 16, 2007

New York, New York



Oh my....so many of you have asked about my NY trip that I took a few weeks ago with some old High School friends. Time has been a flyin' and I can barely keep up. I have been far busier than any normal person should be.

However, I would do you all an injustice to at least not share a few of the details from the trip.

First of all....High School was not a pleasant experience for me. I HATED HS and would never go back. So, at first the thought of going to NY with HS friends freaked me out. (No offense girls if you are reading this). God actually had to do a real work on my heart to not live under the "laws" of HS and what that brought to me at that time. God reminded me that I am who I am today because of Him...not because of anything else. My past has formed me for my today. Though I am still a work in progress, I am His. I had to let go of worrying about what I thought others may be thinking of me.

So, with that said...my journey to NY was quite fun. I love, love, love NY. It's one of my favorite cities to go to. I love the food, Broadway, and of course the shopping. Course, my favorite thing is getting my haircut by my old hair stylist, James (he's not old). He is AMAZING!!!! If you are ever fortunate to get your hair cut by him, you would totally understand! The best part for me? I get a $200 haircut for FREE!!! Remember, everything's more expensive in NY. But, he's like top dog. He has cut Paris Hilton's hair, he's done MTV model shoots and he's been asked to go on set to Desperate Housewives this Fall (providing he has the time).

But just a couple of highlights from the trip to brag about. While I was getting my hair washed at the studio, James was cutting the hair of John David Coles, he's one of the producers from Sex and the City as well as Desparate Housewives. Now, I must admit, that I never saw Sex and the City and I have only seen a couple of episodes of Desparate Housewives. It's a good thing that he didn't quiz me. But he was super sweet. Just a good, ole' guy. It was fun talking with him.

The night before my hair appointment, we went to this awesome hole in the wall Italian restaurant (that was owned by James' friend) and we sat at the table next to Matt Dillion and Fishcher Stevens. If you don't know Fishcher, click on this link:
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/2927/Events/2927/FisherStev_Count_1286225_400.jpg.html?hint=nm0001770

But the funny thing is, I called my girlfriend Robyn that night at the restaurant to tell her about Matt Dillion but I told her Matt Damon instead. She was freaking out. I was wondering why she was that excited. Matt Dillion, Matt Damon...their both famous! My mistake. My girlfriends wouldn't let me go ask him to take a picture with him...they were too embarrassed. But they weren't that embarrassed to totally stare him down on his way back from the restroom. Poor guy...he must have felt awkward with those 2 beauties starring at him!

We did tons of site seeing and more walking than I care to remember...not to mention the sweating!!

We did go to a Comedy Club in NY. I would highly recommend that you NEVER do that. What idiots we were. It was a very painful experience. One that I would love to forget, but am sure I won't be able to.

Oh yeah...and the Broadway show??? Legally Blonde. Don't laugh, if you were there, you would have totally seen it as well. It was AWESOME! We loved it.

We went to a Modern ballet in Central Park. Key word....Modern...in NY. Seriously. It was a bunch of guys and gals dancing in their Hanes underwear. We just kept thinking that they needed to be on the "Look who we've got our Hanes on now!" commercial!

All in all, we had a good time. I did learn to love me for me and not worry about anyone else's opinions of me. I also learned that it was fun rekindling old HS friendships and that worrying about what they thought about me was me being selfish and self consumed more than anything! I always love how God works these little life lessons out in our lives.

1 comment:

Andrea "The H family" said...

So fun. I'm utterly jealous!!!

LOVED YOUR PICS