Thursday, August 28, 2008

Slow Fade

I know that I have been putting a lot of videos up lately...maybe I'll get one up of the kiddos sometime soon!!

Anyway, my girl Allie sent this to me. It's Casting Crowns Lead singer (I think) talking about why he wrote the song Slow Fade (you know the video I have below). If you have the 4 minutes, it's well worth the watch. I can't tell you how much I love this message and just how very true it is. The elders at our church constantly "preach" that the worst "ism" is gradualism. And that's what this Scripture and this song talk about. It makes you ponder what in your own life are you gradually moving away from or toward?

I love what my mom said in her comment on Reid's first day of Kindergarten:
"...to be only a breath away from God."

This rings so true for us as adults. Are we in a "Slow Fade" or are we a breath away from God?

1 comment:

Pilates Works 4 Life said...

Without question, this is the story of Scott. And who would have thought? None of us.

I remember when a friend said, "Well, I guess there was a side of Scott that we didn't know."

My reply was, "No, there is a side to ALL of us that can do the very same thing he did."

Be sober and alert at all times. Never think you are above it!