Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Putting on Makeup

Ok....I go from not posting anything at all to posting 2x in one day. Be sure to read them both!

Ella had a girlfriend over the other day...her friend Haley. Haley bought play makeup and brought it with her for her and Ella to have little make overs! This was Ella's first experience with getting to put on makeup. She wasn't sure what to do with it at first!

I sat down with the girls at the kitchen table and we applied eyeshadow, blush and their favorite...lipstick. I think that was their fav because they could do it themselves. You know how independent they are at that age of 2! They also had rings to put on their little fingers and cute little heart clips to put in their hair!






Then when they were all prettied up, the went upstairs to Ella's room, shut the gate and played for 2 hours together. I'm being serious! They laughed and played. They pulled out every single toys in her room (luckily she doesn't have that many), put most of them in the crib, crawled in and played for about 45 minutes in there! Hey, I knew they were safe, they couldn't get into anything....why wouldn't I let them play in the crib???

Then we pulled out Ella's little sofa in her room and they laid down together and put a blanket over them. I'm thinking they would have stayed longer had I not had the camera in their face! But it was a moment that I couldn't resist. I have been so bad at taking just random fun pics of my kids later, that I had to take the opportunity at hand.
Pretending to take a nap!

Having girl talk already! I wonder if they were talking about boys?

Ok....what is Ella doing? See...she does have a little of her Daddy in her! ;-)

Having their afternoon tea!

And just plain cute!

3 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

So cute girl. Ella's hair is so pretty golden colored. I love it. Now..you better hide your makeup bag! LIKE...PUT IT ON THE HIGHEST SHELF!

Pilates Works 4 Life said...

So girly. So cute. So better wait until they are 25 !!!! LOL Love the last shot of Ella sitting. hugs to her.

Anonymous said...

haha I love those pics and that story! Why is it though that Haley can always somehow look like a little rag muffin? awwww we love her anyway!:) Now us mommies need a spa day like our daughters got! p.s. It's Allie Z...the anonymous option was all I could do! haha