Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bryan's Birthday Dinner

My sweet husband's birthday isn't until Tuesday, but we got together with some friends for dinner last night and used his birthday as an excuse! ;-) No really, we were there to celebrate him.

I am going be be blogging out of order. I'm waiting on pics from my gal pal Lisa from our Girlz night out on Friday! Coming later.

Anyway...
A group of 12 of us went to dinner and had a blast. Now, mind you, I didn't take my good camera and just took my point and shoot. Gotta tell you, I really hate the quality when I'm used to my pro camera...oh well.

Let's start with a pic of the guys...since this was supposed to be about my husband. Here are the 6 dudes that we were with.

Ok...this is just wrong on EVERY level!!!


And this is still just wrong! Where did we get these dudes anyway? ;-)


But the real fun of the evening came on the girl's side of the table! I bet you can't imagine that, huh? I think that these are the ONLY pics we got of the guys and then we have about 25 of the girls. I'm sure we were annoying the folks around us, but we didn't care. We were in our own world, having tons of fun.

We started off by learning how to smile like the celebrities. You see, my girl "Ape" has a theory that celebrities smile with their tongue pushed to the top of their mouth and up against their teeth. This is to make the neck look longer and hopefully do away with the double chin! Let's take a look at the before and after...what do you think?
Above is before...just smiling like normal.....

Now...the tongue trick...can you see a difference? I know, they are all so stinkin' beautiful, they look great in both pictures!

The ultimate celebrity pose...though I'm not sure what she's doing with her eyes! Was that part of the deal too? He he....have to give her a hard time.


All in all, we think we look better doing that...it doesn't feel natural at all, but sure does force that neck to be elongated and not stuffed up leaving that whole double chin thing. You should try it sometime!!!

Here are just a couple more pictures from last night. I have to say that we have been blessed with amazing friends. We love you guys more than you know and have been so blessed by you.
All the lovely ladies! Aren't those dudes above so lucky?! I just love these girls!
They are all so awesome.

Here's Leah, Rach (Rachel) and then me...notice the tongue thing again! ;-) Ok, we were a little uncomfortable here as we were just learning the procedure and the form. We got better though.

Here I am with Jeff (Jeffie). Don't worry about her death grip on my arm...it didn't hurt all that bad! Just kiddin' Jeff. When I first saw the picture, I laughed as it truly looked like you were holding onto me for dear life. I totally cropped off the part where the grip made my arm look like it had about 3 rolls of fat! ;-)

Here are the "Apes"...This is the first girl with my name that I've known since elementary school. I know you all wanted to know that! Anyway, the above picture is my fav of us and the one below is her fav of us. I'm sure that you can guess why we have a different fav? That's because we don't really care what the other chick looked like in the pic, we picked the one that we thought we looked the best in. I thought I looked better in the one above and she thought she looked better in the one below. I promise we aren't vain...ok...maybe a little.

Seriously though, I think she looks great in both the pictures. I don't know that I favor one over the other of her.

3 comments:

Jeffie said...

April, you LOVE my hugs!!! I hug tight cause I mean it!!! :) Um, I thought we weren't going to share that awkward one of me and Ape. . . I knew these were going to end up on the blog! :) I am certain Chris will be thrilled to know he's on here too (hee hee!). Such a fun night! Too bad karaoke didn't work out. . . I'll just be practicing for next time! xoxoxo

April Williams said...

oh girl...i LOVE your hugs. always hold onto me for dear life. in the original pic, i just laughed at how my arm looked (good thing for cropping!

The Write Memories said...

great pix and fun times for you and your hubby.