Thursday, August 21, 2008

Date with Reid

Well...as most of you know my little Reid will start Kindergarten next week. It will begin a whole new chapter in his little life. It's very exciting. He loves school even though he's not sure he wants to go to school every day. He's afraid that Cole and Ella will have fun with Mommy that he will miss out on. And I try to tell him that he will have fun that they won't get to have. It's what makes the world go round!

Anyway, my precious friend Holly volunteered to keep Cole and Ella for me to take Reid on a special Mommy/me time/date! When I told Reid about it, he was THRILLED! He would just grin from ear to ear every time I talked about it. I told him that we would go do whatever he wanted to do. He spent a whole day thinking about it.

We dropped the little ones off with Holly and I put them down for a nap. Reid and I were free. We got in the car and he decided that he wanted to go to Gatti Town to play games.
He wanted to start off on the boat ride. I'm a bit surprised that he wanted to ride it by himself, but he jumped up there like a champ!

Then, we played his favorite game. It's the game where there has to be at least 4 people playing and you roll a ball up the ledge and it either falls into the slow, fast or faster hole and your little horse races across the top. Let me tell you that this boy won the first time we played and then Mommy won the 2nd time (though he totally thinks he won both times).

Here are the 2 toys that he won from the horse race game. He was thrilled. He couldn't wait to show Cole and Ella his winnings!

We also had some fun in the photobooth! How cute are these?

After several other games and loads of fun, we sat down to have their dessert cinnamon stick things. Those are so stinkin' good! We had a long talk about school and making new friends and choices, etc. It was a good time with us. Then, I gave him a little treat.

After the fun at Gatti Town, we went to get his hair cut for school, so he could look fresh! Here he is right after. I mean, come on ladies...isn't he handsome?

Taking time like this with Reid is very important for him. I don't do this enough and he really needs the time with me without his siblings. I truly love this little man and know that God has great plans for him. Stay tuned for next week as his big day is approaching!

And ladies, if you have little ones at home that aren't in school yet....hang on tight, because they will be before you know it. I'm still trying to figure out where the time went.

4 comments:

Lisa Allen said...

He is very handsome and what a blessing that you were able to take the time with him like that!! You are a good momma and he is one blessed child!

Andrea "The H family" said...

Girl...over the top amazing to read. I am teary eyed. I want to do that for Luke. I'm so inspired by your blog and love. He's so handsome and so joyous. I teary eyed still/! What is wrong with me?!! I guess my heart can't wait for a date with Luke and he know it's just me/mommy. I loved this post. You are blessed my sweet friend..(in the presence of God blessed)
Love you,
A

The Write Memories said...

great times to always remember...those first days of school. He's a cutie and I love him much.

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam said...

I mean he look sooo old. Adeline won't even recognize that old boy!! We'll be praying for him and his big adventure!! Love you guys!