Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Hubby






Today is my husband's actual birthday!!! So, Happy Birthday sweet husband.

I want to take a moment to share with you how much I love this man. I always tell people that he is perfect from afar, but far from perfect! But in my eyes, he's as perfect as they come. That's not to say that we don't have our issues...all married couples do. I get frustrated with him as he does with me. However, at the end of the day, he is the one that I want to grow old with. He is the one that still grabs my heart and fills my life with passion. He challenges me and encourages me. He is a GREAT father and I wouldn't want anyone else to play that role in my precious children's lives. He is truly an amazing man. I am thankful that God has blessed me with him and that we had the opportunity to celebrate his birthday today. I love you honey!

I do want to share a quick story about the boys today. They were very excited that it was Daddy's birthday. They wanted to buy him an ice cream cake (that's our tradition for Bry's birthday). So, this morning after we left the gym, we went to pick out his cake. Then, we headed to the mall for lunch and playtime. After that, we went shopping for Daddy's birthday. I knew what I was going to get him, but the boys had a plan.

Reid wanted to buy Daddy a shirt. Not sure why, but that's what he wanted, so I told him he could. We went to Macy's and I let Reid do the picking. I gotta say...my little boy has some serious taste! He picked out a really cool shirt. Then it was Cole's turn.

"Cole, what do you want to buy Daddy for his birthday?"
"A Tarzan toy!"
"Now, would that Tarzan toy be for you or for Daddy."
He laughs, "Daddy would let me play with it!"
"I know sweetheart, but what do you think Daddy would like to have?"
"Hmmmm....I know! Some BOXERS!"
"You want to get Daddy boxers for his birthday?"
"YES!"

So, we headed to the boxer department where he picked out a pair of boxers that had birds on it! Yes, you read that correctly! I had to laugh, but he was so excited. As I was paying for them, he turned to me and said: "You know what Mommy?" "What my dear?" "Daddy, will open these and say WOW!" He was grinning from ear to ear.

The boys wrapped their presents for Daddy and drew on their cards for him. After dinner and cake, they presented him with the presents. And you know what? Daddy totally said "WOW!" when he opened the gifts. See, Cole knows his Daddy! Gotta love that sweet spirit they have. Bry did love what they got and it meant the world that they really thought about what they wanted to get him.

Oh, and Ella? She kept saying: "Happy Burday Daddy!" Too stinkin' sweet!

We love you Daddy.