Monday, August 11, 2008

For real????

Well, I'm thinking that Cole was feeling a little left out on my blog lately...being as I have posted 2 things about Ella since his haircut. Poor Reid isn't getting any attention (don't worry folks, he has a BIG day coming up that will be blogged for sure). But Reid seems to be staying out of the lime light for now.

Why is Cole feeling left out? Well...I'm not totally sure, but he is getting attention tonight!

Earlier I was in the office getting some things done as I was getting ready to head out of town to go to my photog training that I have tomorrow. With that, Cole was left unattended for like 5 minutes...way too long for a little guy like him. I went back to my bedroom to pack and get ready only to find him leaving my room with that look on his face that told me he was up to something.

"Cole, what were you doing?"

Sweet, big, brown eyes look up at me as if to say: "What Mommy?"

"Cole, what were you doing?" A little more firm this time.

"But Mommy...I have to tell you something." This is always his line before the trouble begins.

"What Cole?"

"I have something in my nose!"

"Ok Cole, but what were you doing in Mommy's room?"

"I have something in my nose!"

"Let me see...I'll get it." Thinking of course it was a big boogie or something....

Well...I got the for something right. My sweet, sweet Cole had stuffed a MARBLE up his nose! Really? What in the world was he thinking? That it would be fun to see if it fit? Oh me oh my!

"Cole, I'm going to have to take you to the hospital to get this out!"

Screaming and crying now...."No, Mommy, I don't want to go to the hospital!"

All the while, Reid got wind of this and freaked out. He too started crying at the thought of his brother needing to go to the hospital!

About that time, Daddy hears the commotion from his office and comes out: "What's going on?"

"Cole has a marble in his nose, we need to take him to the hospital!"

I can't help but laugh at this point. Reid's freaking out; Cole's crying; and Bry's upset with me for laughing as it could be serious! But hey, what do you do? You have to laugh.

So, to the hospital we go...me and Cole. It was a quick trip. We were there and back in an hour! The doc was great and made Cole feel very comfortable. When he went in for the marble, he wrapped Cole up in a sheet really tight (you know, the kid version of a straight jacket?!). Cole was a little nervous about that at first, but he never made a peep. Then, in went the instrument...a little tug and a little pull and out came the marble! My Cole was a champ!

I was hoping this experience would scare him, but I'm thinking by the end, he thought it was cool. What will he put up there next?

The doc did say that they see this about once a week! Then he proceeded to tell me that he was 9 for 10 on getting them out. I'm like, "Ummm, doc....what about the 1 in 10 you don't get out?" "Oh, we just call the ENT and he takes them to the OR and gets them out that way!"

Thank goodness he hadn't got the marble that far up his nose.

So, that my friends....was my fun event for the evening!

If you look really close at his right nostril...you'll see something that looks like a booger, but it's the center of a CLEAR, glass marble! Don't worry folks, I have the marble for a keepsake!


After the marble was gone!

Please note that these pics were taken with my cell phone...not the best, but it was all I had.

6 comments:

Camily said...

Oh my gosh--I'm laughing out loud. According to my mom, I stuck a raisin way up in my nose as a child. Easier than a marble--mom just used the tweezers. So funny!

Andrea "The H family" said...

Sweet mother mary francis josephine. I would have freaked out! Could it have gone down his throat? I'm so confused.
We must chat.
COLE..honey, mommy needs to blog about fun stuff..this is scary for Aunty Andrea!

Anonymous said...

um...how funny! I mean, especially since he informed you about the marble so calmly but only got upset when hospital was mentioned! haha I love that boy! By the way...it's allie z again..wow...I feel so dumb

Mandy said...

Tell Cole welcome to the "Will This Go up my nose club"! I put a bean up my nose when I was in kindergarten. I totally would have started laughing, too!

I am thankful that the doctor got it out quickly and painlessly!

GG's MEMORIES said...

Fun times!!!! Stephen and I were trying NOT to laugh, but....

We were praying though while on our trip.

And it was good to hear all was well with the adventures of playing marbles.

Krista said...

How did he get a MARBLE in that little nose of his?? That is so funny! I would have laughed too!! And DH would have been mad at me for laughing too.