Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Another Christmas come and gone. So hard to believe. I must say that we had a wonderful past 2 days with our family. The boys could hardly wait for Santa to arrive. After church last night, we came home and made cookies for Santa (not to mention that we indulged in a couple ourselves). On the way home from church, Reid swore that he saw Santa and his reindeer in the sky. "Hurry home," he says. "We don't want to miss Santa and we still need to make his cookies!!" So cute. Total believer, he is.

Bry and I were up till 1am getting everything ready for the big morning. Ok...we got caught up in a Christmas movie. I'm such a sucker for them. I had grand plans to get up at 6am and get showered and dressed for the day. I know...what in the world was I thinking. Bry asked me later in the day: "Honey, what did you do at 6am this morning?" My reply? "I rolled over, turned the alarm off and went back to sleep!" What was I thinking to get up so stinkin' early??

Our boys were up about 6:45am. I could hear them run straight for their bed and to the top of the stairs. "WOW! Look, Santa was here!!" We quickly got up, got the camera, got Ella up and started down the stairs.

Santa was good to our whole family this year. I end this day feeling a bit guilty of just how good he was to us all. More than we need for sure. We have been blessed. And as if that wasn't enough, Gran shows up at the door with a ton more.

We did take this precious time with our family to celebrate the birth of Jesus. In the midst of wrapping paper being ripped apart and thrown all over the place, we never want to lose site as to why we celebrate this holiday. "Unto to us a Child was born in the city of David, a Saviour who is Christ the Lord." A verse that Reid can proudly quote and one that we have talked about for over a month now. He loved us so much that He sent His precious Son into this world to be born and grow up and ultimately take the place of our sins on the cross. He gave His Son for us. We are so undeserving, but oh so grateful. This is what the Christmas season is all about. I know that my children can answer the questions about why we celebrate Christmas, I just pray daily that it will penetrate their hearts as they get older.

I pray you all had a wonderful day celebrating our Lord.

Here are a couple of pictures of the kiddos. I didn't get any good pics of them today. So sad. But they were far too busy to stay still for mom to take pictures. Plus, I was busying helping them unwrap and take toys out of boxes. On a side note...seriously, you would think that each toy is worth a million dollars the way they package those things!

Merry Christmas. Have a wonderful week.



How can you resist this sweet face? I know I can't! I tried to get a picture with his new shiny, red bike (aka..tricyle), but this was what we got. He was willing to give me one posed smile! I took it. He loves his new bike and ALL his Lightning McQueen toys!


This is our Elf Sized little girl riding her pink horse that sings to her with her new Princess shoes. She loved these shoes. She would push the button to make the horse sing and then she would dance. So stinkin' cute.


Here is Reid with his much anticipated Animal Planet house he asked Santa for. You know, he had never even seen one of these before asking for it. I wondered what he thought it may look like and if he would be disappointed if it wasn't what he had in his little head...but let's just say HE LOVES IT!!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Merry Christmas Williams! So fun to look at the pictures. Sounds like your day was a lot like mine! Mommy's day never ends! Check us out at justashabb.blogspot.com

Andrea "The H family" said...

Yeah! So fun! The kids look so cute! What a day huh?! Looks like the kids had a blast. Love yoU!