Monday, December 17, 2007

Reid's 5th birthday party



I thought I would share some pics from Reid's 5th birthday party. What a fun time he had.

We celebrated his party with his best pal from school, Justin. They thought it was great to have their party together and the moms thought it was great to share the cost of everything!!

We had their party at Pump It Up. I can't say that our party started off all that well, considering I was told to be there at 4:15 and no one showed up with the key to open the place until 4:50. Did I mention that our party was supposed to start at 4:45 which meant that all guests are requested by Pump It Up to arrive at 4:30??? Did I mention that it was cold outside and that all of our guests were there before the key arrived? Ok...moving along.

Once the party got started the boys had a GREAT time. I have to tell you that Justin and Reid truly adore each other. If I could only record their laughing together and send it to you all. It's contagious. They are all boy, but I think that they have a tender spot for each other (in a cool guy kind of a way of course).

Yes, you will see in some of the pictures that Justin has blood in his nose. Bless his heart...he did get a bloody nose at his own party. But don't worry, it didn't stop him from having fun!

And I threw in a picture of Ella in her car checking out the hot babe in the car next to her. Did you know they had these cars at Pump It Up? They only have 2 of them for all 25 kids to fight over! ;-)

Both the boys raked it in on the gifts. They were both on highs all weekend long. And to think that there's more coming for Christmas. Oh me.

I can hardly believe that I'm a parent of a 5 yr old. I don't know whether to cry because I am getting old or go get botox and fight getting old! Just kidding on the last part. But seriously...wow. He will be in Kindergarten next year. I can't take this. Can't he stay 5 forever?

Reid has always been a joy in our lives. He has taught us much about the innocence in life that we all once had and all too quickly lost. He has taught us patience and total reliance on God. He has taught us simple faith. He has such a tender heart all the while still being 100% boy...which means he's loud in all that he does and he's rough in every area. He brings so much laughter to our home in more ways than one. And though he can be a challenge at times, he loves big and he loves deep. Everyone who knows Reid and really knows Reid will know that he loves his family so much. He may fight with his brother, but he always wants to make sure that Cole is taken care of. If he gets a treat bag from a party, his first question is "Did Cole get one?" And he is ALWAYS protecting his sister. He gets truly sad when one of them is hurt. Watching his love for his siblings has taught us much about God's love for us. Little does he know just how much he has taught us and just how he challenges us to draw closer to God.

We love this child from the bottom of our hearts. Whoever is lucky enough to marry him one day (you know, when he's about 35) will be one blessed lady. I am praying for her every single day. I love you my angel!!!

No comments: