Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Mommy/Daughter



I don't know why I love this picture except for the fact that I think she looks like me here. Everyone that sees or knows Ella always has a different opinion of who they think she looks like. When she was first born, I think she looked a lot like Reid (in petite form) and Bry's side of the family. As she is getting older, I think she is a perfect mix between the 2 boys. Still, everyone will say something different. I have friends that are adamant that she looks just like Reid while others think that she looks just like me (ie...Cole). I do think it's fun to think that she looks like her mama! Maybe because she is such a mommy's girl, she is starting to look like me. She is sure starting to act like me! OH me....the pressure.

All I do know is that she is fearfully and wonderfully made...there is no doubt about that. God has a special plan for this little girl and I am thankful that He has given her to me that I may have the honor and privilege to watch His Will unfold in her life.

BTW...total side note. Ella had her 18 month checkup today with her doc. She is now proudly in the 25% in height and weight! Many of you know that that is HUGE progress. She spent the first year of her life not even on the charts. The docs were worried. I never was as I know that she inherited the petite nature of Bry's sister and mom. YEAH Ella for being a whole 22 pounds now and 30.5 inches!!!

Oh...her head circumference? It has always been in the 90%. That's funny to me considering I never thought her head looked big. I just tell the doc that she has a lot of brains in there. I guess since her face is so petite that her head looks small. Who knows how they come up with these percentiles anyway!

4 comments:

jen armstrong said...

ummm, am i embarrassed that my "bundle" of joy weighs only two pounds shy of yours? at 9 months? way to go ella! keep growing girl. she's just gorgeous, april!

Melanie said...

Ella is such a doll! I think that she definitely looks like you! She has officially passed Faith up in weight! Faith weighs 20lbs 12oz.(5%)and is 33.5in (95%). It's amazing how much they look like little girls now! Bye bye baby days...

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam said...

ok, you will not believe this....Adam and Adeline weight the same!!!!

Andrea "The H family" said...

She does look like you in this picture girl! I love it!!
What a sweetie.