Saturday, October 20, 2007

Wrapping up...

Today was another big day here at Glorieta. I had a few more meetings with editors and agents. I also met with the lady that critiqued my proposal and manuscript (first 15 pages) for my Romans study. She was incredibly encouraging. She told me that she really liked my style and the flow of my writing. She did encourage me to find something that was unique to April to add to my writing. This will take much prayer on my part to understand what this should be. She did like how it was driving you straight to Scripture without sounding "preachy." She asked me how much interest I had meeting with the editors. She seemed pleased with my results.

I have met a lot of wonderful people while here that I hope will be long time friendships. I have even met a lady that lives in Frisco about 5 minutes from me that is a published author and is wanting to keep in touch with me. She is truly a blessing to me. I am looking forward to a growing relationship with her. She will be great in encouraging me in my own writing as well as coaching me along the way. God has been so awesome in all that He has done this weekend with me. I just never imagined all that I would learn, all who I would meet, and the amount of interest in my writing.

I would have never considered myself a writer; however, I believe that God may have another plan for me. He always thinks bigger than we can imagine. So amazing that He would chose me.

I am a long way off as I have stated earlier from being a published author. However, I am off to a great start! For this being my first conference, having the interest level I have is such a blessing. Many of the pros that I have spoken with totally agree. They claim it's rare to have this much interest as a "newbie." (That's what we are called!) It's a tough market.

I do believe God will use my writing in some form in the near future. It may look very different than what I think. After all, He has changed my plan quite a bit over the past 3-4 months. I am excited to see where He is going to take me.

On a brief sidenote, I took a trip into Sante Fe with some of the ladies that I met while here. We walked around this very nostalgic town. It was so fun. Then we ate at a wonderful restaurant. I can't tell you how excited I was to have food that actually tasted good. No, the food was AWESOME! We were all in heaven.

I am very excited to get home tomorrow to see my husband and my sweet children. I miss them sooooooo much. Then, I am very excited to get working on my submittals that I will be making over the next few weeks to the editors and agents. It's such an exciting venture that I have been on so far.

I love you guys and will be touching base next week. I will relax with my family for a few days before jumping back on the blog wagon.

1 comment:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Oh how neat!! You met a lady from Frisco. I've been to Sante fe babe...the food is amazing!
Glad your home today. It just sounds amazing. Check the clickchicks blog. We added your blog for you cuz you were at your conference. Missed you.
Hugs, A