Thursday, October 11, 2007

Query Letters...

Oh me oh my, the most intimidating and daunting task of a writer must be the query letter. I have stressed over this letter all week long. At the conference next week, I have the opportunity to do a paid critique of my manuscript. This is a great opportunity to have a real life editor/publisher look over my proposal and tell me what I need to do differently in order to "sell" my project to a publisher. So, I know that my letter doesn't have to be perfect as that's the whole idea of letting them help you, but still, I want it to be perfect. Is that so much to ask?

I am asking that you all pray for me that my nerves will calm down and that I will only write the words that God will have me write. There is no other way I am going to get through this! If anyone out there has any suggestions, please let me know. I would love all the help I can get!!

6 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Girl? Q letter? No clue honey. Is it just a summary of your study? You know I'll help any way I can. But, I have no feedback as I have no clue??

Andrea "The H family" said...

No pressure girl!

April Williams said...

A query letter is a cover letter to an editor that gives them a hook and then why your work needs to be published and why you should be the one to write it. It's no easy task. Then I have to include a summary of the study as well.

The Waters Family said...

April-- I can feel your stress through your blog-- OK-- Praying that the Lord will direct your thoughts that you might accomplish this task! You will do great!

The Waters Family said...

April, I just googled "query letter example" Maybe that would help- :)

Kim Nielsen said...

God has brought you this far, He won't leave you now. If He gave you the study He will give you the letter. It's in there, you gotta get out of the way and let it flow.