Monday, October 15, 2007

Craziness all around....

I just wanted to update you all on my getting ready for this conference. If I could only but begin to tell you of the warfare that I have been experiencing this weekend in getting prepared, it would take me all day long. I'll give you a brief recap....For starters, I have had a MAJOR migraine headache all weekend. I mean the kind that you are so nauseous, you don't know whether to throw up, cry, sleep, or well, cry! It's been bad. Not to mention, this is the weekend that my husband is out of town, so I have no time to do much outside of the 3 kiddos. And did I mention that I needed to get a query letter written, chapter outline and synopsis written, a manuscript ready, let's see, print my full manuscript (I need several copies) and have it bound at Kinkos. Oh, and I need to prepare to teach on Wednesday morning before I leave town. Well, my printer ink is out...did I mention that Bry is out of town? He is my printer guy! Oh, and our ink is NEVER out that we don't have another cartridge in our back room. I know, I know...just take a disk into Kinkos and do it there....with 3 children all 4 yrs and younger! And to top it off, the Cowboys lose their winning streak!! Ok...gotta give it to the Cowboy fan...she's heartbroke. Back to the important stuff.

But when I did go to Kinkos this morning to have the books bound (I finally got them printed and duplexed), it was POURING down rain. So, now, I have to figure out how to get 2 kiddos (Reid was at school) into Kinkos with my books without them getting wet at all and without me and the kids getting just drenched. What a feat that was. And poor Cole, I got him out of the car, shut the car door and wacked him in the head with the door. I couldn't pick him up as I had Ella, the umbrella and the books. I felt soooo bad. So, as soon as I get in the door at Kinkos, I pretty much drop everything (except Ella) to grab Cole and hold him.

I must say, I think that I am exactly where God wants me though. To get this kind of opposition, I know that God is going to do great things in my heart and in my life this weekend. I believe this 100% after the weekend I have had.

After a major meltdown last night and my husband calling and me telling him I didn't want to talk to him because honestly, I was mad that he was out of town taking care of his family and I, at that moment, thought he needed to be here with me helping me with this printing MESS!! Man oh man...where was I? In sin of course. Funny how this week's lesson that I'm teaching at church will touch on being self consumed to the point that you can't see out to help others. And when you are focusing on others, you don't have time to wallow in your own self pity. Funny how I always end up teaching lessons on issues that I am going through at that time.

But after that, I was somehow able to get it all done. Now, that's not to say that I'm not totally tired today...but good. Still have the headache, but we are good. I can hardly believe that I have only one more day before leaving for the conference. So excited, yet so scared!

On a good note...I was at the mall today meeting some of Cole's old friends for lunch. Before I met them, I had to make a return at Gymboree, in which the lady behind the counter couldn't believe that I had 3 children. She swore to me that she thought I was like 18 or something. Now, mind you, she has 3 children too, so she wasn't a teenager herself. I am pretty sure I could have kissed her and hugged her neck off! Seriously, I am soooo past 18. I don't think anyone as told me that since was in my early 20's. But hey, it did make me feel good...I have to admit that. All day, I was thinking: "Man, a little makeup really does go a long way!" But then, I looked at the mirror to admire my 18 year old looking face and I noticed that I had a zit on my jawbone....maybe that's why she thought I was 18. Instead of PMSing, she thought I was in puberty! Oh well....whatever the reason, I love her.

I just have to tell this story on my son, Cole. Man, if I had a camera today, I would have put this on the blog. But, he was eating his Cheetos, having some fun. And I noticed that he was picking his nose! Yes, I said picking his nose. That struck me as odd since he doesn't ever pick his nose. He then looked at me and said: "Mommy, can you get this Cheetos out of my nose?" I thought he was being funny and just had a boogie....I went over, tilted his head back and sure as heck, he had stuck a little piece of a Cheetos in his nose. Like who does that? When I got it out, his nose bled a little bit. Course, I put the fear of the hospital and needles in him to never do that again. I mean, I really only thought "those kids" did that? Apparently not. Apparently, my son does that! Oh me.

Sorry I'm so all over the place. That's my life right now. I am all over the place. Hopefully, I'll feel a bit more normal next week.

2 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Oh girl. What a weekend. I had no clue you had so much craziness. You forgot to mention you had a lead our photog. group!!
Your one busy momma!!
I'm excited for your weekend.
Love you,...A
I can't believe the cheetos? That's kinda scary?!!

Mandy said...

Sweet girl,
I am so excited to hear all about the conference. I can not wait to see how God works!!! So, fun!!

I also love to hear about your family's adventures. Please know, that we are here to run to kinkos for you or to hang out with the kiddos when you need to run an errand. I have also been known to work on a printer or two in my life. I am here any time you need an extra pair of hands.

Thank you for all you do! You are so precious to so many!

Love you,
Mandy <><