Thursday, September 4, 2008

Pen with the short sound of "e"


Strange title I know, but you'll understand why after reading this post.

My sweet son, Reid, had a "homework" assignment. He had to find something in the house that had either the short sound of the letter "a" or the short sound of the letter "e" in it to take to school today for show and tell! Each Thursday, so far, they have been asked to bring something for show and tell. Do you remember those days? I almost forgot that we did show and tell at school! Anyway, they have to take one item in and tell what it is, which letter it has in it and a little bit about why they chose that item to bring to school.

Reid and I went through all the things that we (I) could think of that he had with those letters in them and then he got to choose what he would take. Well, my little man, chose this pen to take today. A pen? That sounds a bit weird. But this is not just any pen, this is a special pen for Reid. See, when I took him on his date, I bought him this pen. He calls this his special pen. He keeps it at my desk so that his little bro and sis can't reach it and tear it up! He's a bit protective over it.

He wanted to take this pen and tell his class about his special date with mommy! What a way to grab mommy's heart this morning.

1 comment:

Pilates Works 4 Life said...

Wish I could be there to hear the story he tells!!!! He's a sweetheart.