Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Cole

Today my little man turns 4! Can you believe it? I know that I can't.

We started Cole's birthday off this morning with Daddy making his famous pancakes before we took Reid to school. Then Daddy took us to lunch at the boys favorite restaurant, California Pizza followed by a cookie for dessert.

Before we headed to school for Reid, we gave Cole his present from Mommy/Daddy and Ella. Reid gave him his present on Saturday before the party because Reid couldn't wait any longer! But, we got Cole his long awaited Tarzan toys! BTW...do you know they don't sell these things anymore...thank goodness for eBay! ;-) He was so excited to get his little Tarzan toys. He took Tarzan with him everywhere he went today!

Once we got Reid from school, I took them to the park before Cole had his long awaited ice skating lesson. He had decided that he wanted to play ice hockey, so I told him when he turned 4, he could "try out" the skating thing to see if he would like it. When he first put the skates on, he just grinned ear to ear. I was kicking myself because I forgot my camera...really? BUT, my wonderful husband came and saved the day. He wanted to come see Cole's lesson and grabbed by camera on his way.

Cole started off liking skating until he fell and noone picked him up and he of course couldn't get up by himself! Poor little guy. He looked back at me as if to say with those sweet, brown eyes of his, "Mommy, please come get me." Course, I can't do a thing. Anyway, he got passed that and was fine the rest of the lesson. I'm not sure he thinks he's ready to go back right away, so we'll see. I'm thinking he was just secretly upset with Mommy for dressing him in shorts and a T-shirt. Do you notice that the other kids all have on pants and gloves? What was I thinking? Apparantely, I forgot that he was going to be on ICE!

Here is Ella at Cole's skating lesson! Isn't she just having the time of her life and making life so grand for her mommy! I couldn't resist taking this picture, she just cracks me up when she gives this look on her sweet little face!

Here, you will notice that all these other kids have really good mommys that dressed them in warm clothes! Oh me....he didn't complain one time about being cold, so that's good.

They start them off on the ice pushing buckets for balance. So, here you will see Cole pushing his way from one side of the rink to the other side. He looks like he's having fun, doesn't he??



After dinner, Cole got to have another cookie and ice cream. What can I say? It was his birthday! As you can see, he truly enjoyed his ice cream! I mean who wouldn't?

What can I say about this little guy? He has such a sweet, sweet heart. Cole has for sure taught us many things as parents. Don't all of our children just teach us sweet lessons about Christ? The other day in the car, he said: "Mommy? I want to be pleasing to Jesus!" Bry and I both teared up. Tonight, he told me the same thing, but then he said: "But Mommy, sometimes it's really hard to be pleasing to Jesus!" Wow!!! He is already learning at an early age that it's hard to do the right thing because our flesh/human nature wants to step in and take over. He can't put it in those words, but we all know that he is starting to get it! Cole does seem to have a tender heart for Jesus and that is something that we pray daily he will continue to develop. Everytime we go to the park and we swing, he wants me to push him really high so that he can say hi to Jesus!

Cole is beautiful both inside and out. We don't know what life would be without him. He is a precious gift and blessing for which we are truly thankful each and every day.

So, my sweet Cole...Happy 4th Birthday! All I am asking from you this year is TO QUIT GROWING UP! ;-) We love you more than you will ever know.

BTW....stay tuned for Cole's 4 yr pictures coming up! I should have them up this week. They are super duper cute!

1 comment:

Pilates Works 4 Life said...

Wow, so that's why I never learned to ice skate...I never had that bucket. Maybe I could try that NOW? Cole could teach me????? He sure is cute!!!!