Sunday, December 7, 2008

An early Christmas Surprise

Hello everyone! I know that I have been MIA on the whole blogging thing. I have been crazy busy with photography and Reid's school, etc....I have several things that I wanted to blog, but just didn't have the time. I may try to catch up on some of them later.

BUT....the Williams' Day today is worth stopping all and blogging. For those of you that know me well...you will be SHOCKED!

Santa visited our house a bit early this year and brought quite a bit of Christmas cheer for my sweet boys. It did take some convincing for the boys to really believe that Santa came early for them...but I think they bought it! ;-)

Anyway, as you can see below, they got their long awaited new best friend.
Yes, you are seeing this right....they have a new puppy! They have a little Boston Terrier. She is 9 weeks old. The boys were a little unsure what to think when they first opened their early gift. Cole kept asking me if we were going to have to give her back. Reid just kept saying thank you thank you thank you. They were overwhelmed, but so excited. I still am not sure if it has totally sunk in or not....but they have had a blast so far nonetheless.
I have to admit...she is pretty cute. I mean, how can you not love that little face?
Now, Ella on the other hand wasn't as excited about Santa's gift. For the first couple of hours, she had to be held by either me or Daddy. Can you tell that she looks a little bit worried. Course, I'm thinking this is a cruel joke for her.
They really couldn't be any happier, could they??
But don't worry guys....
Ella started warming up to the idea of a dog. As a matter of fact, we went to show Reid's best friend his sweet puppy and Ella storms in the house and proclaims: "Look! That's MY dog!"
She even gives her hugs now. So....I think she will be ok. My guess is that she and the pup will bond the most!

So....now we go for the house breaking thing. I have no idea what I just got myself into. I'm not a big fan of dogs in the house at ALL....BUT the joy that it brought to my kids today will be worth it all. The boys thanked God tonight in their prayers that Santa brought them such a beautiful dog for them to have and keep! Reid has already started taking care of her...hopefully this will last. All in all....this is the best gift for the boys...I just know it.

As far as her name??? Reid wants to name her Jingle. Mom and Dad want to name her Piper...but I think we may be stuck with Jingle!

6 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

honey, I jumped on your blog thinking..'she'll have her christmas party pics up'. UHMMM, seriously! A PUPPY! I freaked!
WOW!!! I bet the boys are elated. And Ella's sad pic was adorable. Glad she's getting used to it.
I like Jingle. Very cute and appropriate for the season gift!
Ok...so, ?! WOW..
ONE WORD: KENNEL!!

GG's MEMORIES said...

yes, I was a little, well, er, taken off guard! However, not totally.

Like the name Jingle. So I vote for it. Piper can be his/her middle name. I missed the gender. Sorry. "It" as GG says.

Vote #2: Yes, on Kennel...without question. without question, without question. And did I say wq????

If a Kennel can teach an old dog new tricks, then it's a go.

That's what I used to teach Topsy, Karan's "old" doggie...terrier, also, who or whatever, had never been "house trained" to have br etiquette ...and it worked in a flash!

Karan was amazed when I gave her the doggie back potty trained!!!!

Adaryll Jordan said...

Congratulations Williams family! Dogs are great. Used to have a Labrador retriever. It's been a while, now I am allergic to them and Elena is afraid.
Your Ella story was inspirational - maybe one day no more allergies and no more Elena being a afraid.

Miss Y'all

Mandy said...

Is she a Boston? We have three of them, and we LOVE them! Ours are Grace, Mercy, and Faith.

EO said...

Ah, she's SO cute! Look at that face! Yes, I agree w/ Andrea... need a kennel. Crate train her definitely. Watch Caeser Milan and create "calm submissive" doggie... be the PACK LEADER.

LOL... sorry I love that show.

Anonymous said...

Thank you :-) check out this emo boy hair over this blog:
http://emo--boys.blogspot.com