Monday, January 7, 2008

I mean really....

Ok...for those of you that don't know the story about Reid taking a magic marker, black in color, you know, the kind that is permanent???...and coloring our sofa, let me quickly tell it.

When Reid was about 3, Bry was on his way to help with Hurricane Katrina relief. We had tons of friends donate clothes for this event and we had clothes all throughout our downstairs. We were separating the clothes by size and gender. To do so, Bry had a black, magic, permanent marker sitting on the sofa to mark the boxes. Several times, I politely told him that we really shouldn't leave that marker there on the sofa because Reid may get it. Of course, he ignored my motherly wisdom! ;-) Anyway, we were taking boxes outside to load them on the trailer for them to leave. We were in and out. Well...on one trip back into my house, I screamed "NO!!!" Course, this made everyone run in to see what was wrong. Our sweet Reid who was dazed watching a tv show, had grabbed the marker and in the matter of minutes had literally colored all the way across the seat cushions on our light Khaki colored sofa. Not to mention, he literally took the marker and made at least one mark on all 7 of the pillows that serve as the back of the sofa. Oh and did I tell you that he colored his shirts???? I was horrified. I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry!


What? I'm too cute to do anything like this!!


This is what both of my seat cushions looked like! However, over the course of the past 2 years, it has faded!

So, I tell you all of this to share with you the next event...not with Reid, but with Ella!!!

I fed Cole and Ella lunch today and was in the kitchen cleaning up while Cole was watching tv and Ella was playing so contently in the corner with her new Little People house and baby bottles. Little did I know.....

I picked her up to take her upstairs to change her diaper and put her down for a nap. As I laid her on the changing table, my eyes are drawn to her legs. Are you kidding me? She had colored both of her legs. First of all...where in the world did she find the pen? Second....where is the pen that she was using. I didn't find that until after her nap, after we picked Reid up from school. Ok, let's be honest, Ella found the pen for me. I had to ask her and believe it or not, she walked up to me and handed it to me. Bright little 18 month old, huh?


Clearly she thought this was a piece of paper. A masterpiece!!


I didn't do it. See Mom, I am asleep. This is Ella's new thing, by the way, she pretends to be asleep! It's actually quite funny to watch her pretend to sleep.


Mom, he did it!!


I didn't do it Ella. I'm going to get you for that!

At least she only colored her skin...no clothes or furniture. But she is my child that was caught playing the toilet 3x last week alone. I would love to have a picture of this, but you know her germy OCD dad would freak if we let her play in the toilet while I went to grab the camera!!!

So, from climbing on top of the kitchen table to playing in the toilet, I believe she will be a tom boy like how her Momma was!

3 comments:

Krista said...

I love it! I thought I was the only one this stuff happend too! I think she looks amazing! You should leave more pens around! Just kidding. It's always when they are quiet that you should worry.

EO said...

Adorable stories April... I think Ella is just precious!

Andrea "The H family" said...

I'm the lucky one ladies (above)
I got to see the kids last night in action! AND YES...ADORABLE.
Wished ya'll could have seen Ella pretending to be asleep!
LOL!!