Sunday, September 30, 2007

Women's Retreat

Ok Blogger family, I know...I haven't posted a blog in like forever. I have been totatlly distracted by my Women's retreat with my church and then with my new passion....photography. Therefore, I have a lot of catching up to do.

I had the privilege of working with a phenomenal group of ladies this year to help plan our Women's Retreat for our church. Our theme this year was Friendship. What does it look like to have a healthy friendship with another female? It was a great time of reflection on my own heart and evaluating friendships in my life. And just let me tell you that God has really done amazing things for me over this past year in many of my friendships. He has brought restoration to friendships, He has made strong friendships stronger and more intimate....He has truly blessed me in the area of friendship. There will be more on this in the weeks to come.

Anyway, to the fun stuff of the retreat....the PJ party that we had that night. How can you get a group of women together, talk about friendship, and not have a PJ party?

I just thought I would share some pics from our little Extreme Makeover contest. We put the ladies in groups of 5 (it had to be groups where you didn't know everyone). Then there was 1 volunteer from each group. The other 4 in the group were given various supplies to do the make over. The key was that the 4 ladies were only allowed to use ONE hand and it had to be their non-predominent hand and put the other hand behind there back. And here is what you got.....

The last couple of pictures are of the final contestants, or should I save, brave souls?? If you notice the lady to the very far right....that's the pastor's MOTHER IN LAW! As you can imagine, she definitely got the highest cheers from the crowd. She really took one for the team.

And yes, we did decorate the pregnant girl's belly! How could you not do that???
Much love to you ladies that were there. For those of you that weren't, hope to see you next year!

1 comment:

Andrea "The H family" said...

How totally hysterical. Looks like a blast. Love the prego belly!