Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Why I am passionate about photography....




I wanted to take a minute to just share why I love photography so much. It's often hard to explain to friends and family why I love taking pictures and why I love to capture that one special moment for my clients. But I believe this will help you understand.

I photographed sweet little Annabelle in May. She was 6 months old at the time. This little girl's daddy passed away when she was 3 months old and he was only 28. My heart was so honored that I was asked to take pictures of this beautiful baby as it was. Every time I look at her gallery, my heart breaks for her and I say a prayer for her.

Last week, I received a payment for an order I did for Annabelle's Grandmother (her Daddy's mom). With the payment, I received the following letter:

Dear April,

Please find the enclosed check for the photography work you created of our granddaughter Annabelle. You captured not only her sweet baby innocence, but gave us fleeting glimpses of here daddy. He lives now for us in memory and in her. We will treasure your creations always.

Sincerely....

I believe that says it all. When one of my photographs touch someone's heart in this way, I know that I am fulfilling my passion with a greater purpose.

To see more pictures of sweet Annabelle, go to Photography by April Williams and click on Clients and then click on her gallery. She will steal your heart!

2 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

So beautiful. I love this post. Annabelle is such a pretty baby. And..the pictures are wonderful. What a blessing honey.

Pilates Works 4 Life said...

It reminds me of Jere. 29:11-14. She's a cutie for sure.