Friday, June 6, 2008

Reality is beginning to set in....

Last Friday, Reid had his last day of school for this year. I went with him to school to share in the last day school festivities that they had. The moms gave his teacher a gift to let her know just how much we love and appreciated her. She is by far the best teacher. Reid has grown just leaps and bounds with her this year. Luckily, she is going to be teaching music next year, so he will still get to see her 2x a week.

Then we had a little carnival at the school. Each child was given a certain amount of tickets to go and "spend" as they please! He LOVED that. I think he used 1/2 his tickets for cotton candy. Did I mention that they only had to give 1 ticket for each thing they wanted to do? Give you an idea of how much cotton candy he must have consumed that day???

Reality is setting in though that he will start Kindergarten at the end of the summer. I have been in denial I think as I can't believe it's that time. I can't believe that I have a child that will be going to school full time. My oh my how time flies. There are just no words to describe our Reid. We have thoroughly enjoyed him these past 5 years. He is a diamond in the rough. I can hardly wait to see what God has in store for him as he begins this next chapter in life. I tear up thinking about it. Yes, I will be that mom that cries the first day that I drop him off. I can't help it. I have already told Bry that he will have to go with me to drop him off that first day so that he can drive home! I'm a wimp, I know.

I just pray that we have been training him up in the Lord so that as he will be around other children that will start having a strong influence on him, he will not turn from what he has been taught. I feel that my knees are going to get pretty worn out over the next 18 years with all the praying I know I will be doing!

Here's a picture of Reid on the last day of school with his teacher. Trust me, when he starts Kindergarten, I'll have a pic of him with me and me crying! LOL!

2 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Wow. We are getting old! LOL I can't believe it!
Adorable picture. Call me tomorrow!

Pilates Works 4 Life said...

Then one day you wake up and you are a grandma!!!! Amazing. Reid is a delight. I know God will grow him up into the man He created him to be. love ya!