Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ella's Birthday Party


I thought I should share some pictures from my sweet daughter's 2nd birthday!!! I can't believe that my baby is now turning 2! Where oh where does the time go?

As you can see, she is proudly sitting on her throne! She is truly a princess. Not only do we want her to know she is our little princess, but that she is God's princess! She is definitely special!

We had her birthday party at Pump It Up Jr...which I thought was just a few minutes away. HOWEVER, as we were driving to her party that day, it was about 25 minutes further than I had thought. Oh me. Apparently, I should have checked the location before booking the party since most all of her friends came from a million miles away. But in reality, we were just testing to see how much our friend really loved us. We wanted to see just how far they were willing to drive for us with the gas prices going through the roof...oh yeah, and most of them own SUVs so you know the gas wasn't cheap! So sorry guys. We owe all of you big time!

Anyway, the party was so much fun. Ella had a blast!!!! She loves to climb and slide, so this was right up her ally. And she loved wearing her tutu as well. What a combination, huh?

Here's the birthday girl getting a good read in before starting the party!



Here is her cake. We got this cake from Little Piggy Cakes.


Here she is entering her own little door. How cute is this door?


Here she is having a blast with 2 little girlfriends on the slide. Don't you just want to eat them all??


Had to put at least one picture of her with her mommy! We have such a special bond that I pray will last for years to come!! Ok...she wasn't really excited to have to stop playing to take a picture with me, but oh well.

Here is the group that showed up. I know...a lot of people really love us! Notice that there are about 13 little girls and one little boy!! Man oh man, he doesn't know just how good he's got it, huh???


Here we are blowing out her candles. She wasn't really sure what to think when everyone started singing to her and we were at the front of the room sitting on the throne. She wanted Mommy to come sit with her.

Once the singing was done, she was more than glad to eat the ice cream. She didn't eat the cake however. I'm thinking she was the only one in the room that didn't like the cake.

All in all, my little princess had a great party! We really appreciate all that came. Ella felt very loved.

6 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Oh my Gosh..adorable pictures. That chair is over the top obnoxious and fun! Of course, Ella is the bell of the ball!
Loved the update. Wished I would have been more 'on top of things'. (as per our conversation)
Love you--!!
p.s. you freaking look amazing girl!

Andrea "The H family" said...

p.s. was that cake as good as it looks?!

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam said...

I so wish Adam and Adeline could have been there!!!! She looks so old and you look beautiful! Miss you guys and a very big Happy Birthday to miss Ella!

The Write Memories said...

I loved watching her be all girl and all boy wrapped up in one. I don't think I've ever seen a child who could manage a tutu in socks while climbing and sliding, etc. as well as she did...except for you, of course.
love ya

Jeffie said...

Oh, what fun!!! So sad we missed!!! Ella is a blessed little girl indeed! I love you sweet Ella girl!!! xoxoxo

Charles e. Whisnant said...

OMG ! ! Where were you when I was two. Oh my! What are you going to do when she is three! Did your mother do this for you when you were two? three? or ?

We still have Ella's first birthday card somewhere.

Okay, for all the over the top stuff, as long as she becomes the young lady her mother is.

Uncle Charles