Friday, June 27, 2008

A heavy month

I know that you guys are waiting to see our pictures from Destin from last week. I promise to try to get those on here soon.

But in the meantime, I just had to share a few things that have been going on this month in my life and the lives of those around me. There are times in life that you get a good reality check and this is one of those times for me.

This month alone, an old client of mine lost her son. He was shot and killed in Garland. This sweet lady that was a client for years was left by her husband a few years ago and now her only son was at a familiar place at the wrong time. He left behind a wife and 2 small children. I can't imagine the heart break.

Then on vacation, I found out that a dear couple friend of our's has separated. As soon as we got home from vacation, I re-packed and headed to their house to spend time with the family. What an emotionally hard week this has been. I love this family so dearly, so the pain I feel is greater than I can convey. I am just praying for miracles here and praying that they are drawn so close to Christ in this process.

While at my friend's house, I received a phone call that another friend of mine's 4 yr old son obtained a string of e-Coli and it attacked his kidneys and they began to shut down. He had surgery yesterday and dialysis. They are in the hospital waiting to see if his kidneys will start working again. There is a possibility that he will have to undergo dialysis again.

Wow...not sure my heart can handle anymore for this month. Please pray for these dear people I have talked about above. They could use all the extra prayers they can get right now.

Life is short and you never know what tomorrow holds. I have been reminded to make the most of each day. Love on my family and get in the Word of God. I tend to let this slip in the chaos of life. But I can't live without Him in every part of my life and every day of my life.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding. In ALL your ways acknowledge him and He will direct your paths." Prov 3:5-6

1 comment:

Krista said...

OMG! April, so sorry to hear all of that...I must say I blogged before I read your entry. I said the same thing about not spending enough time in the Word because you get side tracked with chaos!! God sure has a way of letting us know what's important!