Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Ella, Saturday June 14th



Though we have already had Ella's birthday party, her official birthday is today. My baby is now 2 years old.

I just wanted to blog about what a special little girl she is. As I have said 100x on my blog, being a mom is truly one of the greatest blessings. I feel honored each and every day that God has entrusted me with this task for my 3 precious children. There are just no words for how much I love them and how blessed I feel.

Having Ella has been no different. She is such a joy in our household. She is full of personality and is quite spunky. You can't help but love her. She seems to make an impression on pretty much everyone that she meets. She is just loveable and she knows it.

We have had such a special mother/daughter bond. She is possessive of her mommy. If one of her brothers tries to crawl in my lap to snuggle, she will drop everything she is doing and come and fight for her place. She will push them out of my lap and say: "My Mommy!" The boys of course get a kick out of pushing that button in her. She loves her brothers and her daddy...but she wants Mommy for everything. I suppose we Williams' women need to stick together since we are outnumbered!

Ella is quite expressive with her face. You can't help but crack up at her. And she is very intense on telling stories, even though at this point you have no idea what she is saying for the most part. The boys were not quite the talkers at this age. Difference between a girl and a boy for sure.

My favorite memories of her this past year would be when she started telling me that she loved me. Every night when I put her to bed, we say our prayers (and she is now praying every night with me) and then I put her to bed and tell her I love her as I'm walking out the door. When I shut the door, she will YELL: "WUV EWE!" Melts my heart every time.

I love that she truly prays with me at night. As I'm praying aloud over her and her life, I hear her say all the names of her friends that she knows and can think of. Of course, she always started with Reid and Cole-Cole. We hold hands and together we say "Amen!" Priceless.

I love to watch her dance. It's the best ever! She really gets into it and has quite the groove going.

She is 100% girl all the while being 100% tomboy! I wouldn't have her any other way. She can keep up with her brothers while wearing a skirt and high heel shoes! Too fun.

I could go on and on about her! She has captured my heart in every way. I am looking forward to our growing relationship over the years to come and I can't wait to watch her grow into the beautiful young woman that I know God wants her to be. She is just beautiful inside and out. I do pray that her inside beauty will prevail as beauty comes from within.

To know her is to love her. Her Gran once said that she just captures your heart...and she does.

SO....HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE PRINCESS! Always know that you are a princess and you are worthy of being treated like one. You are not only our little princess, but God's little princess! We love you.

I also want to wish one of my BFFs, Jeffie, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Jeffie, I hope you have a wonderful day. You are very special to me and I have loved our friendship over the past few years. It has truly been a blessing from God in so many ways. I love that my precious daughter shares a birthday with a friend that is so dear to my heart! I look forward to celebrating with you soon. I love you girlfriend!



BTW....the top picture of us is from her birthday LAST year!! And the other one is from last summer as well. I'm sad to say that I don't think we have had a picture together since then. Where did the time go?

3 comments:

jen armstrong said...

WOW!!!! Happy Birthday Ella! Can't believe the time. I know we all say it but it's so true. Congratulations, april and bry, for raising such beautiful babies!!!

Pilates Works 4 Life said...

Great pics of you and Jeffie.

Krista said...

OMG! I can't believe she is 2 already! Time does fly... It just seems to be happening so fast... Happy Birthday Ella!!