Thursday, May 17, 2007

Heaven's Embrace through Friends

I just had to take a moment to tell you just how faithful God is even when we aren't faithful to Him. The past couple of weeks have been long for me with Bry gone. My days have surely been long and yet I know that my years are quickly passing with my sweet children. I have had a lot of emotion over the weeks with all that has been going on. And I must say that God is teaching me a whole lot right now. Too much to share for now, but teaching me deep, rooted lessons of the heart.

What I wanted to write is that during these weeks, God has given me hug after hug and hug through amazing friends. I have never in my life felt so loved by so many people all at one time. I think that it's ironic in some ways that I am planning (along with a great team of women at our church) the Women's retreat. This year, we decided to do a retreat on women's friendships and what that looks like. We named the retreat: Heaven's Embrace--Celebrating the Essence of Friendship. With that said, I know that it's by no mistake that I have felt just that this past week. I have felt Heaven's embrace through friends. Through friends bringing me meals, sending their husbands to mow my lawn, emailing me, calling me, showing up at my house, cards, etc. This list is so long and the love is so strong. I just can't thank them all enough. Words can't express my gratitude and my appreciation for the extra mile that has been tread for me.

I came across a saying by Richard J Foster that I will share with you all:
"Love is the response of the heart to the overwhelming goodness of God, so come in simply and speak to Him in unvarnished honesty, you may be so awestruck and full of love at His presence that words do not come."

I have been awestruck by Him this past week. I don't have the words to adequately express how I feel. Just know that I am blessed and I can only hope to bless others the way I have been these past 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

April- I am so excited to find your blog! I am going to put you on my list of friends on mine so I can check back at yours. Adaryll and I will be praying for you, Brian, and your family in KS.
Love,
Jen Jordan

Jeffie said...

Love you, sweet friend. Great job on keeping up on the blog! Isn't it fun :)