Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I had to take a few moments to share my Mother's Day with you all. First of all, I have to say that being a mom...though the hardest job I have ever done, is by far the greatest blessing in the world. I feel both honored and blessed each and every day that God would entrust to me 3 beautiful and precious children. I just can't express in words how my heart gushes with love for these children daily.

I pray over these sweet children all the time. My biggest prayer is that their Mommy will be all that God would have her to be for them. The joy of motherhood in my heart goes far beyond what any words could ever express. I am truly thankful.

My past 2 Mother's Days haven't been the best (I'm sad to say). So, this year, Bry was sure to make up for it all.

My Mother's Day celebration actually began on Friday when I went to Reid's school for a Mother's Day tea! The moms met in the chapel where our precious children performed 3 songs and quoted 3 verses. The last song that they sang was:

We bow down,
We lay our crowns
At the feet of Jesus.

The greatness of His
Mercy and love
At the feet of Jesus.

And we cried holy, holy, holy
We cried holy, holy, holy
And we cried holy, holy, holy
Is the Lamb.

Tears filled my eyes. The children were doing signs with the song and it melted my heart. I love how my sweet Reid is learning praise songs. Every time we heard this song on the radio, he will say: "MOM! That's my song!"

From there, we went to his class room. Each child was to take their Mommy's hand and lead her to her special seat where they had made a special placemat shaped like a heart. He then served me a cookie and some tea! Oh my gosh...it stole my heart all over again!

Then, the teacher shared with us that they had made books for us and each child had drawn a picture of his/her mommy. The mommies were to guess which picture was their's! Luckily, I guessed right!

I have to share some of Reid's answers:
My mommy's fav food is PIZZA!
My mommy's fav sport is FOOTBALL!
My mommy is good at MAKING DINNER!
My mommy is 17!!!

Seriously love this child for thinking I'm 17. Most of the kids in the class apparently know the REAL age of their mommies...but we'll let Reid keep on thinking 17. Reid's BF at school said that his Mommy was 8!

Today (the REAL Mother's Day)....Bry got up early and got ready for church, so that I could sleep in and he took care of the kiddos when they got up! Oh...did I mention that he gave me a massage before I even got up?

Once I was showered and dressed, the boys gave me cards that Daddy had helped them make. They even wrote little poems to me.

Reid told me that I got to pick ALL day long where we went and what we did! It's Mommy's Day, he proclaimed. Did I mention that I love being a mom?

We still have dinner to go to tonight, but had a few minutes to share my wonderful day, so I took advantage and sat down to blog. I'm sure that dinner will be just as wonderful.

We even got a few snapshots of me and my cuties. (Notice the really cute outfit of Ella's by the way....) Bry did a great job with my pro camera. I dialed in the settings and then told him where to stand! LOL! But I got a great picture with my children and I LOVE IT!

Oh yeah....the dress that I'm wearing was my gift from my hubby and kiddos for Mother's day!





6 comments:

jen armstrong said...

could y'all be any cuter??? so glad you had a great day!!!

Andrea "The H family" said...

WHOA! A fabulous day girl!! The pictures look amazing!! BTW!!
And..you really must reveal where your getting Ella's clothes! The boys pic of you/them is a gallery wrap!! LOL
Happy Momma's day. So glad you had a great one. It's been a huge fun weekend our way as well.
Hugs honey! A

Pilates Works 4 Life said...

Glad Bry and the kiddos made your day special.

Charles e. Whisnant said...

And how was your MOM on this Mother's Day.

It took a while to realize that my wife was a mom to my children. Brian has learned well.

The Waters Family said...

Your Mother's Tea was just like mine! Same guessing which mom was who and same fun placemat-- Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

Krista said...

You look amazing and the kids look great! Glad you had such a great day!