Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My precious boys!!




If there's one thing I can say about having boys. . . there is a lot of energy in the house ALL the time. Man, I wish I had a 10th of their energy! As I look at these sweet faces, I can't help but be thankful for the joy that they are. You can look into their eyes in these pictures and see that they are innocent, happy children! I hope to protect this innocence as long as I can.

A quick story about Reid. Our dear friends, Rachel and Trev are expecting their very first baby!!!! They just found out this week what they are having. What does Reid have to do with this? Well, my other dear friend Jeffie had just had her 2nd baby back at the end of September. One night in October, Reid was praying before bed, he prayed for baby Sam and then he prayed that God would protect the baby in Mrs. Rachel's belly. When he finished, I told him that Mrs. Rachel didn't have a baby in her belly. "Yes, she does Mommy!" Let's just say that even Rachel didn't know that she was pregnant. But apparantely, she was, but it would have been way too early to tell. When I asked Reid what she was having, he told me a girl! Well folks...guess what she found out this week? That she is having a girl! I might have a little prophet on my hands. This is the 2nd time that he has prayed for a baby in a belly and he seemed to know the sex of the baby! Crazy, huh?

And another story about Reid. If you don't know my mom...scroll down to see pictures of her. Friday at school, Reid has grandparents day. This is a special day that the children's grandparents come into their classes and spend 1/2 a day with them. They have worked hard to make special projects for them. I was telling Reid that Gran (my mom) was going to be there. He replied: "Well, mom that's fine, but it's going to be a bit tricky."
"Why's that?"
"Well, because my Grandma is supposed to come."
"Reid. . . Gran is your Grandma."
"Oh, ok...then that will be great that she's coming!"

The next day, he gets in the car and says: "Mom, if Gran is my Grandma . . . why isn't she old?"

I couldn't help but laugh. That was so cute. So, I had to explain to him that his Grandma might be younger than most, and that he was blessed to just have a beautiful Grandma! Too cute.

3 comments:

The Causey's said...

Those are such great pictures of the boys, you are becoming a little photographer! And as for Reid, the Lords hand is UPON him, maybe he should teach at the next PU!

The Waters Family said...

Your boys are so handsome-- actually-- all of your children are beautiful beautiful! AND I have seen the women generational pictures and your Mom is such a pretty "Gran"! :)

Kim Nielsen said...

You and your mom have spoiled the boys with y'alls great looks. Their wives are going to be lookers.