Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Joy of Laundry

Oh yes, the joys of doing laundry. And with a family of 5, I am sure to be doing at least 1-2 loads a day. Such a dull, boring job. But my dull world of laundry has been painted full of color this week!!! Let me just tell you that I am LOVING doing laundry this week. Why you ask? Well....we purchased front loaders this week! If you don't have them, you may not want to read the rest of this blog, because it's going to make you want them. I can't tell you how much joy my LG Wild Cherry Red washer/dryer in my sunshine yellow room has brought me this week. When they tell you that you can get more done in fewer loads, they weren't kidding.

We ordered them last week and they didn't come till this week. So from Thursday of last week up till yesterday, I boycotted doing laundry. Poor Bry had to do a couple of loads on Sunday so he would have something to wear. I felt really bad about that. But I was determined to wait until I got my new machines to do laundry. I was going to put them to the test! And let's just say, they have passed with flying colors!!! It's truly unbelievable how much stuff you can cram in them and then I really think they come out cleaner than ever! Not to mention how quiet they are. They are so quiet when running. I LOVE them! I just had to tell you all. Now, I am way caught up on laundry and am sad that I don't have any to do. Man, I never thought I would say that! Seriously, who asks for more laundry to do???

I will say this...as I was starring at them yesterday watching them wash and dry my clothes (I know, I'm a nerd), I started thinking. I felt a little selfish and spoiled as I know there are so many that don't have all that we have been blessed with. I began thinking about the victums of the tornado 2 months ago and those that lost everything (including loved ones) and it honestly humbled me and I just began praying thanksgiving to God for how He has blessed me far more than I could ever have imagined or far more than I deserve. I will be forever grateful to Him. I pray that I will always remain humble and grateful for all that I have and never take advantage of the blessings in my life.

1 comment:

Jenibug7 said...

yeah for washers and dryers that make laundry fun!! I am doing laundry as I type, but not enjoying quite as much as I might if I could truly put 20 pairs of jeans in all at once (isn't that what they say?!) Your blog made me laugh because I was just ooohing and aweing over a set of front-loaders in a Lowes ad this morning. lol Glad things are back to somewhat normal for yall!
Love,
Jen and Adaryll
www.myjordanfamily.blogspot.com