Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Father's Day






Father's Day...a day that I did not enjoy celebrating growing up. Actually, I didn't really do a whole lot of Father's Days until we had our first child Reid. And then Father's Day took on a whole new meaning. Now, every year, I look forward to Father's Day. I love celebrating the best Daddy that I have ever seen. And I think that my 3 children agree! ;-) Bry loves his children so deeply and so much. He loves big and he loves hard! I don't think that our children will ever be able to say that they were unloved while growing up.

When I was telling the boys that we were getting ready to celebrate Father's Day, Reid said: "Hey Mommy, that's the day that we get to spend with Daddy! Right??" He was very excited to have a day that was all about Daddy.

Reid and Cole had a great time writing and drawing in their cards to their Daddy. Once they were done, they put the cards in the envelopes and then ran into our room where Daddy was and took the cards back out of the envelopes and showed Daddy! They couldn't even wait for him to take the cards out of the envelopes. They were busy telling him what they drew--from monsters to birds to bugs...etc. You know, the normal boy stuff!

We took Daddy to his favorite restaurant where I'm pretty sure that Ella ate more than her brothers put together. Her stomach was so tight that we could have taken a needle to it and it would have popped. But she was still wanting more when we left. Goodness, where does the food go?

The boys had a great time singing "Happy Father's Day to Daddy!" But their highlight of the day was sword fighting with Daddy. I had bought them these soft swords and thankfully so, because they show their poor Daddy NO mercy at all. They swing those things with all their might at Daddy and belly laugh the whole time. Oh how boys are so different...not to mention sooooo loud!

Bry is definitely loved by his children. All 3 of them light up when he enters a room...every time he enters a room. I am so proud that he is the Daddy of my children. It warms my heart on a daily basis.

And I am thankful that Bry has given a whole new meaning to Father's Day. I have learned that we not only celebrate Father's Day for our earthly Fathers, but I now celebrate it thanking God that He was my Daddy my whole life. He was all I needed. Thankfully my boys have an earthly father that reflects our heavenly Father.

No comments: